[Dnsmon-test] DNSMON Update

Chris Amin camin at ripe.net
Thu Feb 20 18:00:15 CET 2014

Dear testers,

We have deployed a new version of the new DNSMON. Changes include:

- the accuracy of the thresholds sliders has been improved in addition
it is possible to manually insert numeric values;
- improved the permalink system, now you can share an exact view
including thresholds and filters. The local stored settings are not
overwritten by the imported settings which instead are used only for the
visualised instance. Now breadcrumbs visualise the path to reach the
current view also if you open it with a permalink;
- we worked to improve the labels on the axis and to make the user more
aware about the current time window;
- more improvements in terms of stability and compatibility.

We are also working on making it easier to get to the details of the DNS
measurements. This should make DNSMON an even better problem diagnosis tool.

Right now we’re looking at showing an “answer” line, as well as the
+nsid option response if present. If you have any other suggestions
(preferably with justifications!) then please let us know.

Usual URLs:

https://atlas.ripe.net/dnsmon/testing
https://atlas.ripe.net/dnsmon/index-page

Regards,