[Dnsmon-test] Feedback

John Bond john.bond at icann.org
Thu Feb 13 16:37:57 CET 2014

Hello,

I Just noticed that there is some white space between 8:50 and 9:00[1].  I
suspect this is missing data in the backend but how is this distinguished
from an unanswered query and would it be possible to have more information
for this error condition.  Perhaps just a grey box with an unknown status?

The  'Unanswered queries colours range¹ is too high for my preference. I
would prefer these colours to highlight issues that need investigating.
so for me values closer to Green ¾ 15% Red „ 30%.  That said this is a
public interface and setting values to low would generate unfounded worry
from people who misunderstand the results.  I did not see mention of a
private or personalised view but if there was one this is something that
could be set there.

On the flip side the default response times is a bit too low.  Looking at
the graph for the root servers now would suggest that there where serious
problems with the root infrastructure. However the truth of the matter is
that, as Gilles pointed out, most of the anchor infrastructure is in
Europe, therefor the rtt measurement is biased towards infrastructure
therein.

As a feature request it would be nice to use this as an embedded widget.
Please keep this in mind when implementing the permalinks

Similar to Gilles request for a navigation of "server at probe to
other-server at sameprobe²  It would be nice to have a view of probe -> all
domains.  This would help clarify is this probe having an issue with
everything therefor ill ignore it or is it just having an issue with me.

[1]http://postimg.org/image/lm20rzcjx/
[2]https://labs.ripe.net/Members/suzanne_taylor_muzzin/introducing-ripe-atl
as-status-checks