Re: [mat-wg] Live Egyptian Internet Incident Analysis

Definitely, this is the kind of effort and coverage I appreciate and
expect from this working group.

The measurement and visualization of these abnormal events provide
easy to share insight, very hard to achieve otherwise.

As Mark just pointed out, effort duplication is something to avoid in
first place, but I do think, also, that putting all the interesting
and meaningful graphs in one single place favours the analysis of the
event in question, mostly for the not so trained eyes.

Not only that, but also duplication of graphs may be worth when using
different datasources, as I presume is the case of Renesys and
RIPEstat. We might see the case where, the same analysis yield
unexpectedly different results, which would in turn raise more
questions: food for thought. Seems to me this working group has its
own reason for existence pretty much justified as it is essential to
understand the network.

In summary, my humble opinion is that the development, design and
promotion of a tool like RIPEstat (bringing together measurement data
from Atlas, DNSmon, RRCs, TTM boxes and external datasets), that can
be used for such different purposes as abnormal event analysis or
delay and loss heatmaps, is pretty much the way to go.

Just the two cents of an enthusiastic student

PS: I hope I stood on-topic. First post around here

--
Iñigo Ortiz de Urbina Cazenave
http://www.twitter.com/ioc32