[Dnsmon-test] DNSMON Atlas testing for .hk

Anand Buddhdev anandb at ripe.net
Mon Mar 24 17:13:09 CET 2014

On 21/03/2014 03:46, Ben Choy wrote:

Hi Ben,

> If this is a bug, then we rather leave our setting and see if your
> fix in the next release does do the job.

This afternoon, we updated the probe software on RIPE Atlas anchors.
DNSMON queries no longer set the RA bit. If you now look at the DNSMON
graphs for b.hkirc.net.hk/IPv6, you'll see a lot more green :)

You'll also notice, however, that some probes are still timing out on
IPv6 queries, but I think that is because these anchors just don't have
a path to your name server. Perhaps your IPv6 prefix is being filtered
out by the upstream transits of these anchors.

Regards,

Anand Buddhdev
RIPE NCC