[Dnsmon-test] DNSMON Update

Massimo Candela mcandela at ripe.net
Wed Mar 5 17:30:46 CET 2014

Dear testers,

We have deployed a new version of the new DNSMON. Changes include:
- retries have been completely disabled (see the previous update), meaning that every apparent success/error is based on a single query attempt;
- the probe table has been improved with several relative RTT shading options, the ability to directly select other probes, and a clearer loading indicator;
- RIPE Atlas links which require authentication with RIPE Access now work correctly (redirect after login);
- some performance issues on Firefox were fixed;
- the auto-update function has been improved, including making it more robust against connection errors.

As usual, we have been working on various other fixes and enhancements, some of which are listed on the testers page:
https://atlas.ripe.net/dnsmon/testing

The tool itself is still available at the usual URL:
https://atlas.ripe.net/dnsmon/index-page

Regards,
Massimo