[Dnsmon-test] Feedback

Massimo Candela mcandela at ripe.net
Thu Feb 13 17:39:59 CET 2014

Hi John,

On 13 Feb 2014, at 17:23, John Bond <john.bond at icann.org> wrote:

> [...]

All the settings of the widget are stored in the browser (for now based on cookies).
If it is not possible to retrieve this settings, the defaults will be used.

We don’t have in plan to save this settings on a server-side for some reasons:
- you will be able to retrieve your settings only if you are (previously) logged in;
- we should implement some kind of interaction client-server to push and pull settings;
- this settings are not so important and however they will be persistent until the same browser is used (it is not an frequent use case that the user change browser);
- we don’t think it worth the effort;

Thank you very much for your feedbacks!

Ciao,
Massimo