[Dnsmon-test] DNSMON testing

Robert Kisteleki robert at ripe.net
Tue Feb 11 17:30:34 CET 2014

Dear DNSMON users,

We are ready for the first phase of testing the new DNSMON service.

We've created a page specifically for you, explaining the current situation
about the new DNSMON service based on RIPE Atlas:
https://atlas.ripe.net/dnsmon/testing. We'd like to ask you to read this
page, where you can find a list of features, a comparison between the
original and the new DNSMON, a list with known bugs and their statuses, and
features we are considering for the future.

More detailed documentation, specifically about the features of the
visualiser, can be found here: https://atlas.ripe.net/dnsmon/doc. We
recommend you read at least the section related to the visualiser features.
 The actual starting page for the new service is
https://atlas.ripe.net/dnsmon/index-page This page is somewhat obfuscated at
the moment. For the public release, we'll make a simpler URL available; in
the meantime, please don't publicly advertise this URL.

Now we invite you to play with the new service! Please let us know what you
think by sending your comments to this mailing list. By using this mailing
list, all the users participating in the testing will be able to see your
feedback and share their thoughts as well.

We would like to receive your feedback as soon as possible – by the end of
February at the latest – so we have still some time to work on some features
you might be missing and to fix the issues you have found. We aim to make
the new DNSMON available to all current users by the end of March.

Please let us know if you are not available during this time frame for
testing. Also, please tell us whether anyone else in your organisation
should be included in the testing so we can add them to the mailing list and
they can participate in the discussion.

At the time of writing this email, people from the following institutions
are subscribed to this list:
* Atlas/DNSMON developers and other involved people from the RIPE NCC
* operators from i-root (Lars-Johan), k-root (Anand, Colin) and l-root (John
Bond)
* people from nic.at (Alex, Elmar) and univie.ac.at (Arsen, Gerhard, Markus)
* people from DENIC (Peter)
* people from dns.lu (Gilles)
* people from nic.fr (Jean-Philippe)
* people from sidn.nl (Marco)

We thank you in advance for your cooperation and look forward to hearing
your feedback! Have fun with the new DNSMON!

Kind regards,

Robert Kisteleki
Research & Development Manager
RIPE NCC